Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Snakes and lovers

So. A lot's happened lately.

I think everything will be okay. It might be too soon to say for sure, but I think Hawthorne and I will be fine. Ren, Shan, Fiona, Mom and Dad, even Milo- they'll be fine too.

Hawthorne says the Eye has learned what can happen when humans refuse to reveal their secrets and give the Eye more power. It isn't a threat anymore, especially since it's still too weak to enter other Elementals' domains, the River included. Even the Parasite's shut up ever since she dealt with Judgment for us. If she was being sincere about ripping me to shreds, she's done a poor job of it.

Ever since the night with Judgment, the night when I learned that the Elementals are real, I haven't had a single dream about the River. I guess I don't need to dream about it now that I can visit it in the flesh. Since then, all my dreams have been normal. No Hawthorne, no Eye, no Parasite.

Honestly, I kind of miss dreaming about Hawthorne, even though we've met in person several times since then. Still, I've had some nice dreams lately. Dreams about the skies at sunset, about birds chirping in the trees, about... well, normal things.

Anyways, point is, everything's okay. Hawthorne and I are safe now, and we've been meeting at the River in person. It's nice. He's a good person, and he wants what's best for me.

It's been a weird month or so, but all in all, things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment